Ricardo B. Brazziell-USA TODAY Sports
The Horns look to bounce back after two straight losses.
It’s fair to say that a 2-2 result for the Texas Longhorns in the first four games of the 2020 season is disappointing.
In a year that featured a favorable schedule and a solid core of upperclassmen leaders, preseason talks were of conference championships and potentially playing in the College Football Playoffs. Now, Texas essentially faces a must-win game every week in order to keep any shot at a Big 12 championship game alive.
The gauntlet starts Saturday at home against the Baylor Bears, who are coming off of a loss at the West Virginia Mountaineers and missing a week of practice due to a COVID shutdown. The Bears have managed just two games in six weeks of football due to virus issues, canceling non-conference matchups, as well as pushing their game against the Oklahoma State Cowboys to the end of the season.
Senior quarterback Charlie Brewer leads a Baylor offense that returns seven starters, but misses key playmakers like Denzel Mims, who took his talents to the NFL. The Bears have yet to establish who their new playmakers are on offense and will look to do so against Texas on Saturday.
- Don’t let your guard down against Charlie Brewer and Baylor
- The Longhorn Republic previews the Baylor Bears
- Our Daily Bears Q&A: Baylor needs to prove they can make big plays
- BON Roundtable: Texas desperately needs bounce-back win vs. Baylor
- Freshman WR Troy Omeire (knee) — out
- Sophomore LB Ayodele Adeoye (shoulder) — out
- Sophomore WR Jordan Whittington (hip) — out
- Freshman OT Jaylen Garth (chest) — out
- Sophomore LB Luke Brockermeyer (turf toe) — out
- Junior LB Reese Leitao (knee) — probable
- Junior S Caden Sterns (turf toe) — probable
- Sophomore S Tyler Owens (knee) — probable
- Sophomore WR Joshua Moore (leg) — probable
How to Watch:
Time: 2:30 p.m. Central
Radio: Texassports.com. Broadcasts are also available on Sirius 132, XM 199, and App Ch. 953
Online Streaming: WatchESPN
Odds: Texas -10.5
Weather: 53 degrees and cloudy