The waiting is the hardest part. Wes and Taylor talk headlines on the cusp of the Stars’ preseason.
We’re about to go from zero to hockey in a period of mere days. What will you do? …What will you do?
Wes and Taylor sat down to discuss forwards and line combos, but a sudden outbreak of actual Dallas Stars headlines gave them even better things to talk about. Among the topics:
- How should fans interpret Saad Yousuf’s money quote in The Athletic that Tyler Seguin “only require[s] acupuncture every 36 hours”?
- How much should we read into David Satriano’s assertion at NHL.com that Ben Bishop “likely will be healthy”?
- How much more does Miro Heiskanen have to do to impress the hockey men who create meaningless rankings and vote on the Norris Trophy?
- How much unseen work goes into the maintenance of a professional athlete, and how overwrought do we get when we don’t understand that context?
- How much of getting healthy is really about getting rested?
- And how much will the return to a normal, non-punishing, non-COVID schedule help?
All this, plus a fan question and a free review of the league’s long-term injured reserve rules – what more could you possibly want? Answer in the comments, because right now, we’re Stargazing.
And don’t forget, you can listen to Stargazing before anyone else by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, iTunes, Spotify, or anywhere else fine casts are found.