Wes, David, Mark and Taylor discuss defense, development, and AHL mainstay Thomas Harley, because it’s the only thing we know how to do and we gotta do something.
Dallas Stars hockey is almost here! But not quite! And many of us still don’t know how we’re going to watch the games! …Maybe podcasting will help?
Wes, David, Mark and Taylor thought so. In this edition:
- Will the Stars maximize Thomas Harley’s offensive-defenseman talents, or will he stay in Cedar Park until he starts hitting more?
- What about the tension between icing the most talented team possible versus putting out the players who can play the system?
- How does the perception of being in a (possibly closing) Stanley Cup window affect that calculus?
- Are players like Harley better off spending another season with a new-school coach like Neil Graham anyway?
- Which Dallas defenders will best fit the power-play puzzle?
- Is Dallas’ system destroying John Klingberg? And what’s the correct thing to do if John Klingberg doesn’t fit your system?
- Trick question: What’s 23 minus 5?
- How drastically will Dallas’ existing talent pipeline affect the way they need to play?
- And what can you expect from that talent as the Traverse City NHL Prospects Tournament begins?
Can you mark the spot where we accidentally muted Dave? Listen to Stargazing and find out!
And don’t forget, you can listen to Stargazing before anyone else by subscribing for free at our Podbean site, iTunes, Spotify, or anywhere else fine casts are found.