Wes and Mark discuss the Western Canada road trip to date, and it’s considerably less destructive than a cold front and a warm front meeting over a Panhandle trailer park.
The Dallas Stars have the same number of regulation wins in 2021-22 as the Arizona Coyotes, and one fewer than the Chicago Blackhawks. Yeah, it’s discouraging. But, at nine games in, has it done actual damage? And can they reverse their own fortunes as they continue their swing through Western Canada – a traditional bonding experience that tends to produce good effects that don’t necessarily show up during the trip?
Wes and Mark sat down for a quick gut check on the Victory Green Gang’s progress through the provinces. In this edition:
- How well is John Klingberg playing – and how well will his game age?
- Did Thomas Harley pass the eye test – and where would he fit if he came up to Dallas full-time?
- Should Denis Gurianov try to become a Swiss Army knife when he does his best work as an X-acto blade?
- Would you rather the Stars have a top six and a bottom six, or three scoring lines?
- Will Roope Hintz’s puck luck change against the Calgary Flames, or will it have to wait until his hair gets a little bit longer?
- The Stars may not like their results right now, but can they make it worse by overreacting?
- How much worse can it get if they don’t overreact and keep biffing away games they should have won?
- And why does it seem like they’re sacrificing a ceiling so they can have a floor?
Stargazing is a full 24 hours early this week! Klingberg death-magic for everyone! Get your predictions here, before they’re completely overtaken by events.
And please remember to rate, review and share! Tell us how we’re doing at our Podbean site, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play, or wherever you subscribe.